Many people, particularly teenagers, suffer from oily skin. This condition is caused when your sebaceous glands are overactive and produce too much oil. The good news is that there are some fairly simple things you can do for oily skin treatment.
Most people are concerned with the oily skin on their face, neck and back. Excessive oil leads to problems such as frequent and severe acne outbreaks. There are a few lifestyle changes that might help you control the amount of oil on your skin and therefore reduce the number or severity of your acne breakouts.
Here are some things to try:
1. While the oil and dirt on your skin don’t directly cause acne they can clog your pores and contribute to an outbreak. It’s therefore very important to keep your skin clean and dry as much as possible.
2. Use a mild soap and warm water to wash your face. Stay away from any product that has a lot of harsh chemicals or really hot water as these can cause irritation to your skin.
3. Stay away from any products that are oil based. The last thing you want to do is add oil to your already oily skin.
4. Never leave your makeup on all night. Also steer clear of any night creams or lotions that are heavy and may leave a greasy residue on your skin.
5. Do not underestimate the importance of a good diet. Remember good skin starts on the inside. If your body isn’t receiving enough nutrients and hydration nothing will work as well as it should, including your skin.
6. De-stress your life. There has been a lot of evidence to suggest a correlation between high stress levels and an increase in outbreaks (which would explain why you always break out before a big date!). Try to relax and unwind and keep your stress levels to a minimum.
You’ve probably noticed a trend here, many of the points above have been recommended for overall health, not just healthy skin. That’s because your body is a finely tuned machines and to get the most out of any one component you have to have the whole machine running smoothly.
If you are tired of your outbreaks and need an effective oily skin treatment just start making some of the minor changes listed above. You’ll be glad you took the time to make these changes every time you look in the mirror!