Many of us wake up in the morning being attacked by electromagnetic frequencies
(EMF’s) from our clock radio which is usually a short distance from our head. If it’s a real cold night, some may even curl up with their electric blanket for another dose of EMF’s. Before leaving the house in the morning we are exposed to more EMF’s from blow dryers, electric shavers, electric tooth brushes, coffee makers and microwaves. On our way to work, we might make a few calls on our cell phone. Once we arrive at the office, we flip on the overhead florescent lights, power up the copier, fax machine, computer and talk on the phone throughout the day. When we go back home, we turn on the TV or stereo, stand in the kitchen and cook dinner while surrounded by all electrical appliances and repeat the same thing all over again the next day. We are constantly being bombarded with electromagnetic frequencies. All electrical devices emit these frequencies. Some experts believe that EMF’s are a real threat and can cause or contribute to cancer, brain tumors, leukemia, birth defects, miscarriages, chronic fatigue, poor immunity, heart problems and stress, as well as zap ones overall energy.
Dr. David Carpenter, Dean at the School of Public Health, State University of New York believes it is likely that up to 30% of childhood cancers come from exposure to EMF’s. Some scientists believe that over exposure to EMF’s are responsible for a high rate of suicide amongst electric utility workers. Researchers at the University of North Carolina believe that EMF’s contribute to the decrease in melatonin levels which in turn can cause sleeplessness, depression and suicide.
Advanced technology is wonderful and I’m certainly not willing to give up modern day conveniences, but there are things that can be done to reduce EMF exposure. There is a devise called a gauss meter. This is helpful; for it measures the amount of EMF’s being emitted from appliances, electronics, power outlets, etc. It is simple to use. When measuring something high in EMF’s, the gauge will register in the red zone and beep. I took a gauss meter through my whole house and office and did a lot of rearranging to minimize exposure. The most amazing thing I found was that my alarm clock emitted EMF’s 5 feet in every direction. I moved it across the room, then I noticed one of my cats was sleeping next to it so I got rid of it altogether and purchased a little battery operated one. It’s the digital display LED type that is high in EMF’s. The TV, which I thought would be the worst, only emitted harmful EMF’s 3 feet out from the front and 5 feet out from the sides. TV Manufactures have really improved on this. The refrigerator was another shocker. It was in the (high) red zone 3 feet out from the front and sides. The oven also measured high. I don’t have a microwave, so I went to a friend’s house and my meter measured EMF’s 5 to 6 feet in every direction when running and 3-4 feet when it was not. All I could think of was all the children standing in front of the microwave oven waiting for their food; day after day. That’s scary. I also wonder what it does to the food. Please keep this in mind when storing nutritional supplements. Keep them away from EMF’s, for it will reduce their potency. My computer also measured very high for a good 3 feet.
There are many things that can be done to minimize exposure. Try not to stay in the kitchen when appliances are in use, especially the microwave. Keep phones and alarm clocks away from your body while sleeping. Avoid sleeping with an electric blanket. Turn it on to warm the bed and then unplug it. Waterbeds that heat the water with electricity are bad news. Position your computer as far away as possible from where you sit. A flat screen monitor reduces EMF exposure. Change all fluorescent lights to incandescent ones. If using a cell phone, try to keep it as far away from your body as possible. Consider an ear piece to use with your cell phone; otherwise the transmitter is only a few inches from your brain.
There are also a variety of products on the market to help reduce the harmful effects of EMF’s such as diodes, special crystals, magnets and pendants. Some are placed directly on the electrical device and others are worn on the body. Of these devices, the Q link pendant is my personal favorite and has undergone many studies and has numerous testimonials on its effectiveness in counteracting the ill effects of harmful EMF’s.
Have a safe and happy summerand not to worry, for your gas grill is totally free from EMF’s.
This Article provided by Michael Comeau is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always consult your doctor when seeking medical advice.