Jamaican Saltfish Fritters Recipes! #shorts30 #shorts #jamaicanfood #buildempire
#recipes #airfryer #tasty #tastyrecipes #tastychicken #thedomesticgeek #soup #vegan #food #cabbage #healthy #lemoncake #cake #sweet_recipes #dessert #sweetandsourchicken #meat
51 read – 6 Like
SERVINGS: 4-6 PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOK TIME: 10 MINS
1/2 LBS- Salted Boneless Codfish (Cod, Pollock, Baccala, etc)
1-Cup All-Purpose Flour 1/2-Teaspoon Baking Powder 1-Cup Water
1⁄2 Onion (Diced)
4-Stalks of scallion (Diced)
4- Sprigs of Thyme(Remove leaves From Stems)
1-Garlic Clove (Diced)
1/2-Scotch Bonnet Pepper(Diced)
Salt and pepper to taste
1⁄4 Cup of oil
1. Rinse cod of salt. Add cod along with 2 cups of water to a small pot and bring to a boil. This process will remove excess salt.
2. Remove from pot and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Flake and set aside.
3. Sift flour into a large bowl. Then add baking powder and pepper.
4. Add onions, diced tomatoes, Scallion, thyme and flaked cod. Pour in 1/2 cup water
and stir until everything is blended.
5. Heat oil over medium heat in a large heavy skillet. When the oil is hot, drop spoonsful
of batter into the skillet.
6. Fry on both sides until golden brown and crispy.
7. Remove and add to hand towels and serve hot.